Yeap. Summer is coming to an end, I’m sorry to tell you. Labour day is approaching and with that, school starts.
Back to yellow buses, schedules, homework, meetings with teachers, etc., etc.
Let me share with you a list of the things I consider you should have on mind to be ready for the big day.
Seven Things You’ll Want to do before School Resumes
- Check the school bus route. Did they change it? Is the schedule the same? Most of the time the school website has a link to the bus schedule.
- Are you new in the area? Decide to what school board you are sending your son/daughter and then check what school corresponds to you. You should go and register him/her for the coming school year.
- Will you need an after school day care? You better rush, a good day care is hard to find.
- What about “school gear”? In-door shoes, out-door shoes, bagpack, lunch bag… at least.
- Ready for autumn? Remember that it will start to get cooler out there. You may need new clothes and shoes and other seasonal clothes. Get ready now!
- And what about winter? Why waiting for the first snow to fall? Go now and compare prices. You will need boots and a snow suit for sure.
- Set your expectations. I found it does not hurt to have a quick chat with my sons to let them know what I expect from them for the School year… and what things they may be missing if they are not up to the expectations.