Last March, the Canada‘s Top 100 Employers website published a list of 40 companies nationwide that won the title of “Best Employers for New Canadians”. According to the informatiojn in the website, some of the characteristics these companies should have to earn such an honour are:
- They offer programs specifically designed to assist employees who are recent immigrants to Canada;
- they have taken steps to reduce employment barriers for recent immigrants, such as by recognizing foreign educational credentials and experience;
- they assist new employees who have foreign professional or educational credentials in getting these qualifications formally recognized in Canada;
- they offer “onboarding” programs, such as internal coaching or mentoring, to help new employees who are recent immigrants understand the Canadian workplace; and
- their managers and employees receive training in cross-cultural issues or inclusiveness to help create a welcoming and productive environment for employees who are recent immigrants
I admit I did not know about this special designation. It’s encouraging to find that there are companies that really want to take real advantage of all we can offer and show real interest on making our lives easier. Please let me share with you this list of 40 employers as it was featured in this website…
Bell Aliant Regional Communications, LP
BMO Financial Group
Business Development Bank of Canada
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce / CIBC
CH2M HILL Canada Limited
Christie Digital Systems Canada, Inc.
Davis + Henderson, Limited Partnership
Deloitte & Touche LLP
Energy Resources Conservation Board
Ernst & Young LLP
Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP
Halton, Regional Municipality of
Human Resources & Skills Development Canada
Loblaw Companies Limited
Manitoba Lotteries Corporation
McGill University Health Centre, The
Mississauga, Corporation of the City of
Mount Sinai Hospital
Ontario Public Service
Pitney Bowes Canada Inc.
Providence Health Care
Provincial Health Services Authority
Rescan Environmental Services Ltd.
Royal Bank of Canada
Saskatoon Health Region
St. Michael’s Hospital
Syncrude Canada Ltd.
TD Bank Financial Group
University of Ottawa
Wardrop Engineering Inc.
Xerox Canada Ltd.
York, Regional Municipality of
If I were you, I may be start looking at the careers section of these websites…
Do you work for any of these companies? How is it?